Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Soulkeeper MUD Dev - Pt 5

Yay! I've finished all the mob creation routines for instances. Now a builder can set the flags for bossmobs in the room definition, and it will pick one randomly from the created boss mobs. I'm keen to set up a low level player and start testing it. Soulkeeper now has 48298 lines of code, using 'more *.c | wc -l'. That's not entirely accurate of course, but a good roundabout figure nonetheless.

Next on my list is a revamp of combat code. Part 1 is going to be adding critical hit chances, that do double damage. This is also because one of the possible item affects is adding to critical hit chance. This will be seperate for spell and melee. I'm toying with the idea of having a location-based damage system. I have to be careful of scope creep though, otherwise I'll never get this finished.

I guess I'll have to prioritise. I'm also considering opening up the mud soon to builders and IMM applications.

No comments: