Saturday, July 19, 2008

Soulkeeper MUD Dev Pt4: Bug squishing + mobs

Found some more bugs today and fixed them. I don't know how I missed them in the first place! It pays not to ask someone why some code is crashing... 'Cause your a shit coder!' is the inevitable reply. I'd have to agree with that, after seeing some of the blindingly obvious bad pointers.

Anyway, after fixing those few bugs, I've moved on to some mob generation in the instances. I was originally going to let the builder of the instance create a list of mobs that could appear, but I've changed my mind. I've instead opted for a more automated approach. The builder creates as many mobiles as he/she wants, within the vnum range of the area, and the instance generation routines chooses the mobile automagically, based on the level (the instance is supposed to get harder the deeper you go). So instead the builder chooses a level range for possible mobiles for each particular room.

Also had a play with some MCCP routines, so that it shows total bytes/compressed bytes for each user at request.

Next job: deal with special mobs, including champions (extra hard), mini-boss, and instance-boss.

No comments: