Saturday, July 26, 2008

Soulkeeper MUD dev pt 7 - Combat changes

Spent today putting in critical hit combat events. While I was doing it, I thought it would be pretty good if you could see the actual damage you did each hit, so I've added that after the damage message as well. The critical hits work for spells as well as melee damage.

I also did a bit of play testing, to see how things are meshing together. Found a few oddities, mainly because a whole heap of vnums are hardcoded into the header file, and they point to rooms like guild-only locations, which just by chance overlap the vnums of the city I have developed. So when it wouldn't let me enter some rooms, it took a bit of digging to find out why. Tested other things like scaleability, instance hardness, etc. It's looking more complete by the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have some good ideas. It should make for an interesting game.